Wednesday, December 29, 2010


Thoughts on the human condition from my point of view here in the cheap seats……..

I have been known, from time to time, to literally bite the hand that feeds me when it comes to talking trash about the people who sign my paycheck. With that said, though, I have to compliment those who manage my department. They held a department appreciation luncheon yesterday at one of the nicer hotels here on Guam, with just the people in my department in attendance. It was a chance to break away from the Bad Craziness and sit down together as a group and enjoy a fine meal together, all on the companies’ dime and the companies’ time. Although I am generally opposed to outings like this, I had a good time, ate some good food, and had a few laughs. Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday afternoon.

=+=

The Wife (aka The Gorgeous One) has extended her visit to the Philippines for a week, and is now due to arrive back on Guam on January 10. We talk every evening, just to let each other know that we’re still alive and still very much in love with each other. Short conversations that usually don’t last more than 5 minutes, but they mean a lot to me (and I think to her too).

Even though our apartment is relatively small, with her not here it seems a whole lot bigger and a whole lot emptier. It’s weird to say it, but I actually miss her occasional nagging when I screw up at home, like forgetting to take the trash out. Still, she’s getting to spend some time with her family and recharge, so I absolutely have no room to say anything. Hell, if we had the money, I’d be there too.

= + =

Much like the way I spent the Christmas holidays, I have absolutely zero plans for New Years Eve or Day. I may have a conversation with Dr. Bombay in the privacy of my own home that evening, but as to going out to a bar, that simply won’t be happening. It will be way to crowded and way too expensive, and without the wife being here, kind of pointless. New Year celebrations at my age are merely a celebration that you have managed to stay above ground for another year without doing significant harm to yourself or others, and not a reason to go spend tons of money with complete strangers getting shitfaced in a bar.

= + =

Being that I am an early riser, I have gotten into the habit of turning on the TV and flipping it to one of the CNN stations, since it seems that every other channel is rocking the infomercials at the hours I get up at. Because of that I have come to the conclusion that Headline News really contains no news at all. Stories that don’t matter a damn to anyone but the most superficial amongst us. The only reason to watch at all has to do with the eye candy who happen to be staffing the news desk. Richelle Carey is totally not hard on the eyes while dishing up the rubbish that passes for news on that station.

That is All Ye Know, and All Ye Need to Know, for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment