Friday, September 10, 2010

Fifteen Albums

This particular note/idea has been making its rounds around the Internet in various forms and fashions, and I thought I’d give it a shot.

The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen albums that you've heard that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Leave a comment on the blog, positive, negative or otherwise. If you don’t feel like commenting directly on the blog, leave me a comment when I post the link to this on Facebook.

Who’s Next – The Who
Simply put, the greatest rock album ever recorded. “Baba O’Riley” is amazing and “Won’t Get Fooled Again” is the best eight minutes in the history of recorded sound, let alone recorded music.

Johnny Cash – At Folsom Prison
The Man in Black at his finest.

Led Zeppelin II – Led Zeppelin
My favorite Zep album of all Zep albums.

Just One Night – Eric Clapton
Recorded live in Tokyo with a band that can really jam. Even my mom likes this album.

Permanent Waves – Rush
Hard to pick one Rush album over another, because everything they did from the early 70’s to mid 80’s was fantastic.

Wanted: The Outlaws – Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Jesse Colter, Tom-Paul Glaser
Defined my freshman year of high school. Outlaw country by the people who invented it.

Speechless – Steven Curtis Chapman
One of the greatest Contemporary Christian artists, who can severely rock when he gets a mind to.

Live Bullet – Bob Seger
Another live album, but ranks in the Top 5 live albums of all time.

Greatest Hits – James Taylor
I know, greatest hits album, blah, blah, blah. My go-to when I’m stressing out because the music is just beautiful.

Greetings from Ashbury Park, NJ – Bruce Springsteen
It’s “The Boss” – nuff said.

Occupation: Foole – George Carlin
Still makes me laugh.

The Grand Illusion - Styx
Prog rock, nerd rock, call it what you will. I call it great.

Song for America – Kansas
Because I love me some Kansas, so very much.

Songs From The Big Chair – Tears for Fears
I gave it some heavy rotation in the 80’s and even now it still sounds pretty damn good.

Escape – Journey
One of the most underrated rock bands ever.

There’s the list. It is by no means my “favorite albums of all time” list, but some of the selections would make that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment