Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Annoying Kind

There is a guy that works for my company that I have tried really hard to ignore, but his continual presence in my workspace is making it very hard to do so. Let me describe him for you, and see if you have someone like this at your job site.

The guy in question works across the street at our corporate headquarters, which is also known as The Death Star. I’m not exactly sure what his role in everything is, but I know that it has something to do with Product Development. Because of his function, he on occasion has to work with one of my coworkers on various projects, which brings him over to my office.

When the guy comes over to my building, he is never at a loss for finding fault with something in the building I work in. Every time you turn around, the guy is complaining or crying about something. “I don’t see how you guys work over here. It’s too cold.” “Oh my God, that stairwell is really bad, very dangerous.” (Aside from being a little narrow, it’s not dangerous at all). “Gracious, this coffee is so strong! How do you guys drink this stuff?” (It was afternoon coffee, not the typical jumper cables to the heart morning coffee. Afternoon coffee is brewed so that it’s like making love in a canoe – fucking close to water).

On and on, this guy finds things wrong with the place that I and the folks in my department call home. The Hilton it ain’t; AT&T it ain’t, but me and my fellow drones find it comfortable, and have gone to some effort to make it as relaxed as possible while still being functional. This weasel comes over a couple of times a week, and every single time he opens his mouth he finds stuff to cry about.

Normally, when I see homeboy in the building and I happen to be chained to my desk, I immediately reach for my headphones and let the rock block him out. My own version of “bullshit bandpass filters” so to speak, so that I don’t have to hear his incessant whining. Yesterday, I was butt-deep in some documents that were sent to me from Singapore to review, and needed to focus to catch the subtleties of what I was reading. Meaning that I couldn’t go to the headphones, and I needed to concentrate. Since the wife and I were both already in horrible moods after dealing with another dose of bullshit from the Government of Guam earlier in the afternoon, the whiners timing could not have been worse.

About 10 minutes after Sphincter Boy arrived, the whining started. Rather than make a fuss, I grabbed the documents I was dealing with and bolted for quieter environs. It was either that or revert to Grouchy Middle Age Man Mode and rip into Piece of Shit Boy. Even though I had found a quieter place, by then it was too late, as the guy’s horrible pissing and moaning had thrown me off my game completely.

Since this happened late in the work day, the foul mood at work also translated into shit getting bad when I got home. The drive home was done in a torrential rain, with visibility down to about 50 meters and nearly black dark at 6 PM. The rain meant that the normal idiot Guam drivers now went to Ultra-Idiot Mode, as if the concept of operating an automobile in a hard rain was totally foreign to those commuting home. Got home grouchy, and since The Gorgeous One was in a pissy mood already, it made for a very uncomfortable evening at home.

I’m afraid the events of the last 24 hours have caused me to deal with the whining with the most evil side of my nature the next time it happens. Nope, not gonna even try to ignore the guys’ horrible crybaby attitude. The time has come to rip off his head and shit down his neck, in a matter of speaking. If I hear one negative comment out of this guy, he’ll get told to shut his pie-hole then invited to exit the building forthwith. I’ve already ripped this guy a new one about six months ago, and apparently it’s time for me to administer another dose of reality on this asshole.

Does anyone else have to deal with a horrible piece of shit like the one I mentioned above? Someone who comes into your office and feels it necessary to dump all over the environment in which you call home for the majority of your workday?

No comments:

Post a Comment