Monday, November 15, 2010

That Morbid Monday Feeling Strikes Again

“But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead
Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it, any way I can.”
Neil Young – Rockin’ In The Free World

Well, kidlings, another weekend has passed by, and I’m actually happy that it is up and gone. I’m dealing with some weirdness at home, some “marital strife” that we are going through. I won’t go into too many details, but let’s just say that we haven’t been getting along very well. Some of it is of my own doing, and some of it is not. Let's just say that there hasn't been a whole hell of a lot of laughter at my house lately, and leave it at that.

=+=

Enough of the maudlin shit. I’m trying to put together an audition CD for one of the local radio stations in the hope that I can nail down some employment as what they refer to as an “On Air Personality”. When I was in high school, I always thought that being a Disk Jockey would be the coolest job in the world to have. Getting paid to play music and talk shit seems like it would be a whole lot of fun, and it’s something I would love to try. Don’t know how it will go, but if you don’t try then you’ll never know. At the same time, I’m gonna send in some writing samples from some of the local magazine work I’ve done, so if the DJ thing isn’t their particular cup of tea, then maybe I could do some part time writing.

It’s all about trying something new, and at the same time, finding ways to generate some additional cash money for me own self. This has all of the appearances of being another Bleak Christmas, and I’m doing what I can to at least pick up enough extra cash to get my loved ones some decent Christmas presents, especially my granddaughter.

Fingers crossed (and maybe dicks too).

=+=

Starting to believe that Guam Sports Bingo (our version of the lottery) is fixed. I play a couple of times a week, and for the past 6 months or so, haven’t won anything. I have won small prizes twice, one for $52 and another for $35, but lately it just seems like I’m throwing money down a hole. I keep telling myself “don’t do it” but in the end I end up at the grocery store buying another ticket. I’ll then log on to their web site the night after the draw, and find that most of the time I don’t even come close to winning anything.

I just broke down and bought another ticket, because the way my finances are, I need me a miracle and soon. I’m not greedy; just an extra $5,000 would help me out a lot right now. The jackpot is now at $12 Million, but even a small part of that would help out a ton.

I believe that miracles happen, and right now I could use one, financially speaking.

=+=

My obsessive ways have reared their ugly heads again. First it was playing Full Tilt Poker online (play money; I’m too poor to play real money), and playing for hours on end. Then it was downloading music off of YouTube. Now it’s doing jigsaw puzzles online. I started doing the puzzles the other night, and really enjoyed the hell out of it. Something very soothing about it, immersing yourself in putting a puzzle together and not thinking about the chaos that surrounds you.

= + =

Hope that all of you who read this blog (all 4 of you) have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Sucks about the marital strife. I hope things work out. I hear you on the money thing. It fucking sucks. I took out a 401 K loan so I could have money to buy Christmas presents. Good luck on the DJ thing. I think you'd be great!

    ReplyDelete