Monday, November 23, 2009

The Whys

If you are reading this, then it’s because you have been personally invited by me to do so. Some of you have been reading my blogs for years, and some of you are new to my gibberish, so let me explain a couple of things along the way.

Sunday morning, I posted a couple of blogs over on Myspace, when a realization hit me. In the past 5 years or so, I’ve posted over 700 blogs to that site. 700 blogs. It’s hard to believe that someone of my limited intelligence and massive laziness could actually write that much.

With all of that said, let me explain a couple of things concerning THIS particular blog site. I discovered this site because my friend Mandy (also known as The Buddha Momma on Myspace) started posting her wonderful gibberish over here. After checking it out, I realize that I actually like the format a lot, and there are some other advantages. For one, a lot of people don’t like being tied to a particular social networking site, thinking that its’ too big a pain in the ass to have to deal with. For another, it gives me another creative outlet.

For those of you who are new, a couple of things. When I write about people, I never use their real names. If it is you that I happen to be writing about, then you’ll be able to see through this pretty quickly. That way, I can’t be slammed for naming someone in a blog by their given name, as it were. Also, I’d like to apologize in advance if I sometimes use language that is a little harsh, especially when I’m angry about something. Since that’s pretty much the way I talk, it’s also pretty much the way I write.

I’ll still continue to post stuff on Myspace, mostly the more deeply personal kind of stuff, since I can control access to that blog to Friends Only. For this particular site, everything else that crosses my feeble brain that I feel warrants getting posted will be. There will be personal stuff, work related musings, and the usual dry bad humor I tend to write, along with sneaking in some things that really bother me or cross my feeble mind that I find amusing.

With all of that said, if you were invited here, I hope you hang around. Feel free to comment as much or as little as possible. I do love feedback, and I also love the interaction that blogging brings.

Stay tuned. It’s going to get a little weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment