Monday, April 19, 2010

Annoying Things



A short listing of the things that are currently annoying the hell out of me…..

PEOPLE WHO HIT “REPLY ALL” ON ALL EMAILS
If you want to voice your opinion on something that you are working on in a collaborative effort, it’s great. I’ve done it a few times when it relates to projects I happen to be involved with. Unfortunately, where I work, people do it in an irritating fashion. A few of the swine that work in the Corporate HQ have a habit of sending out emails to everyone in the company over trivial bullshit, and invariably there will be at least 3 people who will “reply all” to let everyone in the company know that they are in fact irreversibly stupid. I don’t know who they are trying to impress, but it’s not working on me.

What would be cool is to see someone do a “reply all” when they have completely snapped, gone bat-shit crazy and just wanted to vent. THAT would be entertaining.

TURTLE RACERS
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, this is when you have two cars driving the same speed, usually lower than the posted speed limit, and one is trying to pass the other because they happen to be going 1 MPH faster than the car getting passed. This is highly annoying to those of us who regularly ignore the posted speed limit, like me. If you aren’t willing to do the speed limit, fine. Keep your happy ass in the right lane, and let the Big Dog run.

“IT IS WHAT IT IS”
This particular phrase has gained some popularity where I work, to the point that everyone is now using it way too often. In fact, it’s a rare thing to have a conversation about a work related issue when this phrase doesn’t get used. I find it annoying and it just shows that some of my coworkers have zero imagination.

PARANOID BEHAVIOR
There are some people in our corporate HQ who act strangely paranoid all the time, particularly when it comes to saying anything derogatory about the company or the executive management team in general. They act as if someone is actually monitoring what they say and will later use it against them. These same people probably shouldn’t come over to where I work, where we speak our minds and use colorful language to do so. These same people would probably be offended if they heard one of the executives referred to as an “ass-monkey”, which is one of the tamer names used in the building where I work.

CRAZY PEOPLE
I’ve always had a problem with people who live right on the edge of insanity. I don’t mean those of us who are crazy in a good way; I’m referring to those who are out of their minds all the way around. The people who obsess about the painting of a parking lot. Those who yell random gibberish at strangers on the street for no apparent reason. Where I live, most of these folks happen to gather at the grocery stores, which is odd in its’ own right.

PEOPLE WHO STARE AT THE MENU IN FAST FOOD PLACES
I’m one of those guys who pretty much knows what I want to eat when I walk into a place, so it’s irritating to be behind someone who stands in line for 10 minutes and still can’t decide what they want to eat. It’s fast food, not trying to decide whether or not to invade the Asian land mass. Pick something and move on.

MEETINGS FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING A MEETING
There are enough utterly pointless moments in life without having to endure meetings that accomplish nothing, other than to say “we had a meeting and discussed it”, whatever “it” happens to be. We do this on a regular basis where I work at, once a week at least, and it’s a day that I can pretty much write off as far as getting anything accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment