Monday, April 19, 2010

Random Noise from the Guam Desk


Random noise for a Monday evening……..

-Because I was a little bored and knew no one would be around, I worked all day Saturday. It was a Good Thing, because I ended up getting a lot accomplished. I always have one or two nit-noid little projects that I can never seem to find time for, and got most of them accomplished. I made up for the extra work on Saturday by doing absolutely nothing on Sunday, not even bothering to get out of my pajamas.

-For some reason, my lower back is just killing me today. It was fine until right when I got to work, then it decided to lock up on me. Any type of bending hurts like hell, from picking stuff up off of the kitchen table to wiping my ass. Wish I had a bathtub at home to soak my bones in. Part of getting older, I guess.

-At the direction of The Gorgeous One, I have been trading emails with her doctor in Manila to get the full story on her health. Unfortunately, the news is not good. Now none of the issues are life threatening, but they do have some impact on her quality of life and a couple of other things. I forwarded the emails to Her Wifeliness and am going to have her read them herself, because explaining it all would take entirely too much time. She’s going to be disappointed, but there really isn’t a hell of a lot we can actually do about it. I sent her some money on Friday so that she could extend her airplane ticket, but at this point in the proceedings don’t know if staying there is an option, since we are pretty much out of options with the doctors.

-No update on the brother-in-law situation and his kidnapping. There is still no word from the people who took him a month ago. The wife’s family had a press conference last week, but I have yet to find anything on the web that mentions it. I’m trying to remain as upbeat as possible for my wife’s sake, and I pray for him a couple of times a day, but the reality of the situation is that he’s probably dead. This event has put some Pure Fear in the hearts of the family, and I worry about my wife constantly.

-My daughter has apparently gotten into the habit of letting my wonderful grand daughter play with her cell phone, because every now and then I’ll get a phone call that the Caller ID will say is my daughter, but I will hear a little 15 month old voice in the background spouting gibberish. It’s the cutest thing you have ever heard, but may not be so cute when my daughter gets her phone bill. On my part, I only let her rattle on for a few minutes before hanging up.

-I don’t care what anyone says, there is nothing better in the world of sports than playoff hockey. The hits are harder, the game seems faster, and you get to see hockey at its purest. My beloved Colorado Avalanche are up 2-1 in their series with the San Jose Sharks, and the Godless Communist Detroit Red Wings are behind in their series with Phoenix. As for the Eastern Conference, I’m pulling for New Jersey, simply because I like Martin Broduer, who is the best goalie in hockey since Patrick Roy retired.

More later maybe. Must have Motrin for the back and a hot cup of tea sounds like a good thing to have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment