Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Issues of the Day, Part 1

Sometimes, I get in trouble for voicing my opinion. There are times when discretion is the best course of action, and I generally keep my mouth shut on those occasions. There are also times and places where I feel I can say what I think and not worry too much about what anyone else thinks. A lot of people make the mistake of asking me what I think about something, and kind of wish they hadn’t asked the question once I have spoken up.

It’s time I said my peace about some of the issues of the day, and since this is my blog, it’s a perfect format to do so.

Politics
It’s no secret that I hold politicians at the same level of esteem as crack whores, lawyers, and used car salesmen. It is my opinion that, aside from the military, there is no such thing as selfless service in government anymore. It’s all about what can I do for me, how can I pad my bank account, stay in office, hold on to some power. We are a long way from what the Founding Fathers had in mind when this country was formed as far as government is concerned. I have more respect for a street whore than I do a member of Congress, especially the Senate. We won’t even go into my opinion of the Government of Guam.

Health Care
A lot of hubbub recently about the health care bill that went through Congress. To be honest, I don’t have an opinion about it, simply because I haven’t had a chance to actually read it. There are also a lot of people on both sides of the issue that have also not had a chance to read it either, yet feel it is there duty to either support it or bash it, sometimes going apeshit crazy in the process. The way I look at it, if you don’t know all the facts about it, it’s best just to shut the hell up about it until you can get educated on the issue. Read the actual law, study up on it. Then, feel free to either support it or not.

I do think that it’s a real shame that so many Americans don’t have insurance, can’t afford insurance, and in a lot of instances, can’t afford proper medical care for their families. The greatest nation in the world, yet we have a lot of people suffering. A lot of people in the insurance industry that I could lump in the same pile as crack whores, lawyers and politicians as well. This is aside from the recent problems my wife and I have had with our insurance company, the bastards.

Sarah Palin
Please, woman, give it up already. Your 15 minutes were over a long time ago. While you are a very attractive woman who I would happily have sex with in a New York minute, you lose me as soon as you open your mouth and start your yabbering. Go back to Alaska, write your books, do your television, enjoy your grandkids, and shut your pie hole.

Hunger
There is absolutely no excuse for the fact that many in America go to bed hungry every night. Not in a country that produces an abundance of food the way America does, where farmers are paid not to grow crops. Sadly, a lot of those who are hungry are children, little ones. It pisses me off that the politicians, when approached about the issue, will give lip service to it and then do nothing about it. People lose their minds about disasters in other countries, yet there are people in the towns where they live who will not eat today, or may not eat enough. I’m not saying we shouldn’t care about what happens in other places, like Haiti, but we need to focus more of our energy and resources on taking care of our own as well.

More later this week, including some really controversial shit that will more than likely piss off a lot of people and amuse others.

No comments:

Post a Comment