Thursday, February 10, 2011

Questions Questions Questions

Some questions that I have pondered recently, in my going and coming………

Why is it that when a man does what his significant other (wife/girlfriend/friend with benefits) does exactly what the woman wants him to do, he sometimes still gets in trouble?

What, exactly, is a “worst case scenario”?

Why is it that if a woman sleeps around with a wide assortment of people, she is considered a slut or a whore, but when a man does it, it’s considered “part of being a man”? Seems a little unfair to me to those who just like to fuck, and there should be no prejudice towards a woman who happens to really like sex.

Why is suicide illegal? I think in some cases it should be encouraged.

Why is it that I can never marry into a family where my in-laws are sane or what would be considered by most people as “normal”? I am extraordinarily fond of many of my wife’s family members, especially those who live in Olongapo. With that said though, some of my in-laws can best be described as “out of their fucking minds”. Two marriages, two groups of people that are by and large borderline batshit crazy. Some of my ex-in-laws were also insane as well. Then again, my family isn’t exactly what anyone would consider as “normal”either.

Why does it seem that those who use the phrase “mind your own business” a lot are incapable of doing just that?

Why are used cars so insanely expensive on Guam?

Why does it seem that there are no thin or ‘height weight proportional” people in the Guam Police Department? Practically every cop I have ever seen on this island appears that they would drop dead of a heart attack if they had to do anything more strenuous than write tickets, beat up Chuukese, and overeat.

Why are so many of the locals so overly fascinated with Bob Marley? Everywhere you go, Bob Marley t-shirts, posters, and other memorabilia everywhere. Marley was Jamaican, not Chamorro. The only connection I can see is because both Jamaica and Guam are islands, and nothing else.

Not to sound racist, but when am I going to meet a cool person from Palau? Every person I have ever met who is proud of coming from Palau seems to be an asshole. Maybe I just haven’t met the really cool Palauans yet, and it’ll happen soon.

Speaking of race, here’s one for ya. Why is it that those who consider themselves dash Americans (Korean-American, Japanese-American, Afro-American, etc) encouraged to be proud of their heritage, but if a Caucasian male makes any noise about being proud of what they are, that white guy is considered a racist, even if he’s not. Granted, the slogans would sound kind of lame (“Proud to be Whitey” kind of doesn’t work), but there is a definite double standard there.

Why is it that there are an inordinate number of Caucasian idiots on this island? Granted there aren’t that many white people here, but a lot of times I see shit that just makes me ashamed to be associated with other white people. Per capita, I think the idiot quotient is a little higher with us white folks.

Maybe I didn’t get the memo, or I’m now officially old, but when did it start to be considered to be attractive for a woman to be covered from head to toe with tattoos? A few I can understand, but the whole body thing just doesn’t work for me. Detracts from the natural beauty of a woman if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment